Veterinary Technician JobWyoming Veterinary HospitalCincinnati, OH
Why You'll Love This Job
Registered Veterinary Technician
Wyoming Veterinary Clinic, Cincinnati, Oh
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for RVTs!
Our company is looking for client centric Licensed Veterinary Technician to be an integral part of how we are reimagining petcare for pets and pet parents at Wyoming Veterinary Center.
If you are passionate about supporting high standards of veterinary medicine and will excel in a collaborative environment where you are rewarded for success, are encouraged to operate at the top of your certification, pursue professional interests, and take the time to practice veterinary medicine in a patient centered way, then we want to talk to you!
Our ideal LVT candidate will be client centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, be passionate about embracing low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in the performance of all duties, be enthusiastic about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community, be comfortable with the need for adaptability, and have at least 1-2 years of clinical experience in a companion animal practice.
Your Day to Day
- Assist the veterinarian with routine patient appointments and surgical procedures including caring for and monitoring of pets, keeping them calm and secure, and assisting with restraint.
- Collect and process samples for diagnostics and collect and preserve laboratory samples that must be shipped offsite for testing.
- Prepare appointment rooms prior to scheduled patient visits and treatment rooms for surgery and prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian.
- Record patient medical history and medical notes as well as inventories of pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies and maintain controlled substance inventory and related log books, fill prescriptions, measure medications, and label containers and explain medications and potential side effects to clients.
- Take radiographs including dental radiographs, perform routine ultrasonic dental prophy including dental charting, and monitor general anesthesia.
- Dress and suture wounds, apply splints and protective devices, give enemas, perform catherization, ear flushes, intravenous feedings, and gavage.
- Maintain, sterilize, and store all instruments, equipment, and machinery to ensure proper working condition.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Clean kennels, animal holding areas, surgery suites, and examination rooms to control the spread of disease.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all center employees and serve as a resource for other pet center associates as applicable and participate and support the onboarding of new center employees and development of medical, technical, and communication skills of all center employees.
- Work with the veterinary hospital team through daily patient caseload to deliver outstanding medical quality and direct center employees in a positive and efficient manner.
- Communicate with clients in a positive and efficient manner, educate and counsel them on preventive health care, behavior problems, dental care, and nutrition and utilize Heart + Paw technologies available (Telemedicine, texting, emails, etc.).
- Develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community, serve as a role model and champion of the company brand, and promote all center services (grooming, day care, boarding, retail).
- Practice veterinary medicine in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines along with any company quality standards.
Skills & Qualifications
What You Will Bring to Our Team
- Veterinary technician licensure (RVT) in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board
- 1-2 years of clinical experience
- Excellent client communication skills
- Ability to lift 20+lbs., tolerate strong smells and noisy environments, and deal with physically and emotionally demanding situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and a client-centric focus
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the practice of veterinary medicine and the pet/pet parent experience
- Highly collaborative nature and ability to deal with ambiguity as well as learning on the fly
- Fear Free and HABRI certification or desire to become certified
Our company was founded with the belief that pet care providers have the noblest hearts yet often struggle with the demands of delivering high quality care to others while maintaining their own personal well-being. Our entire team is committed to creating a new employee experience, one that allows the dedicated veterinary care provider to do both. With our extensive veterinary background, we have put a great deal of thought and resources into every aspect of the employee experience: physical space, compensation, benefits, technology, equipment, caseload, and staffing. We believe the employee experience is an essential part of petcare reimagined.
- Compensation + benefits – Highly competitive package including an excellent base salary + production, merit, bonuses, profit sharing, short and long-term disability insurance, health benefits, continuing education, and retirement savings.
- Priority on well-being - Closed to veterinary appointments on Sundays, flexible scheduling, and a caseload that allows our team to spend more time with pets and their parents to offer an elevated experience.
- Technologically forward – Leading edge technology in our highly interactive client-facing mobile app, information management system, and other technologies that enhance your ability to deliver high-quality medicine and a best in class client experience.
- Leading edge equipment –Digital dental radiography, Doppler, portable ultrasound, and lift tables.
- Opportunity to lead – Empower you to do what you do best, be a leader where you are and function at the top of your training and expand your capabilities in interest areas that will give our clients more choices.
- Freedom in a framework –Freedom to individualize how you achieve success. From developing areas of special interest in general practice to customizing schedules, formulary selections, and choice of referral and emergency service partners, we provide the team the ability to influence these choices for their centers.
This is petcare reimagined.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.