Veterinarian JobFells PointBaltimore, MD
$20,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Why You'll Love This Job
$20,000 Sign-on Bonus
Why You'll Love This Traveling Veterinarian Job
Are you passionate about providing exceptional care to pets and their pet parents? Do you want to work in a collaborative and positive environment where you are encouraged to grow? Do you enjoy working with multiple teams and seek some adventure in your daily schedule? Join the Heart + Paw team today as a Traveling Veterinarian to support our Maryland locations.
A successful candidate will be client-centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, and will be passionate about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community. Potential candidates will be expected to embrace low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in animal care, be adaptable, be enthusiastic about companion animal practice, and be able to travel to locations in the Maryland area where needed. In addition, this candidate should have a confident set of skills to perform wellness and sick visits, dental procedures, and surgeries.
When you join Heart + Paw, you will feel supported because your team is truly there for you. You will experience a work environment where leadership listens and encourages you both personally and professionally. You will come to work each day knowing you are making a difference in the lives of pets and their pet parents by providing exceptional care. With competitive compensation and benefits, leading edge technology, and the freedom to create your own success, you will experience an exciting career as a Traveling Veterinarian with us. This unique position will offer you a 4-day work week and a premium base compensation plus production pay. Travel reimbursement outside of 25-mile radius for mileage. Tolls reimbursed.
Highly competitive base salary range of $180-220,000 with additional production pay.
Join the Heart + Paw team and apply to be an important part of our family as a Traveling Veterinarian today!
Traveling Veterinarian Responsibilities
- Support veterinary shift coverage needs within the Heart + Paw locations in Maryland.
- Practice veterinary medicine that is focused on client/patient centered approach to care in each location.
- Work in alignment with the Partner Doctors and Heart + Paw to deliver our company vision.
- Promote and practice top quality preventative care.
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw brand.
- Properly use and maintain all center equipment.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all center team members.
- Promote all center services.
- Maintain a positive and efficient attitude in all facets of daily tasks.
- Support the Partner Doctors in marketing the pet centers to the local community in partnership with Heart + Paw leadership.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations as well as Heart + Paws quality standards.
- Reports to the appropriate operational veterinarian leader(s) for locations served.
Skills & Qualifications
Traveling Veterinarian Job Qualifications
- Professional licensure in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board.
- DEA and CDS as applicable for job function.
- Ability to travel to the Maryland locations for shifts on your designated workdays.
- Preference to candidates with surgical and/or dental capabilities.
- Ability to oversee sedation and perform anesthetic procedures.
- Ability to accommodate same day access and sick appointments.
- Preference to candidates with emergency or urgent care experience.
- 2+ years of clinical experience required.
- Comfortable with being the sole veterinarian in the hospital for majority of shifts.
- Strong interpersonal, client communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Consumer-centric mindset with ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- Must obtain USDA accreditation for supported states within 6 months.
- Strong interest in use of technology to advance the practice of veterinary medicine and the pet/pet parent experience.
- Support Heart + Paw strategic initiatives and leverage key technological innovations in all locations.
- Highly collaborative and ability to handle ambiguity/learn on the fly.
- Fear Free, CALM, and/or HABRI certification or desire to become certified in one low-stress handling methodology.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.