Veterinarian JobGlen MillsGlen Mills, PA
Why You'll Love This Job
Glen Mills, PA
If you have a proven track record of leading others, a strong understanding of running a practice, desire to co-own a practice, are passionate about providing profession-leading preventive care by high standards of veterinary medicine and will excel in a collaborative environment where you are significantly rewarded for success, are encouraged to grow and pursue professional interests, and take the time to practice veterinary medicine in a patient centered way, then we want to talk to you!
Heart + Paw is currently looking for a Partner Veterinarian for our Glen Mills Center conveniently located in the Glen Eagle Shopping Center. This is an excellent opportunity for a veterinarian interested in co-ownership of a beautifully appointed, full-service petcare center where you can fulfill your dream of practice ownership with all the wealth creation potential and without the management headaches. As a co-owner Partner Veterinarian with us, you will have the operational support and the collaborative peer community of Heart + Paw behind you as you lead your team.
Our ideal candidate will be client centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, be passionate about embracing low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in patient care, be enthusiastic about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community, be comfortable with the need for adaptability, and have at least 4 years of clinical experience in a companion animal practice.
Glen Mills Co-Ownership Opportunity
- Opportunity to buy-in and co-own a best-in-class newly built (Fall 2019) veterinary and pet care center with established clientele in an upper-income community ($145K median household income).
- Up to 10% gifted equity in practice upon hitting profitability milestones.
- No start-up losses.
- Create your ideal practice culture and clinical protocols.
- True partnership with all key decisions made together.
- Practice profit distributions semi-annually.
- Flexible co-ownership buy-in options 5-49% ownership, with as little as $20,000 investment at time of partnership.
- Option to increase ownership over time up to 49%.
- Assistance offered if needed in obtaining financing.
- 6,791 sq ft, four-exam room practice including a cat only waiting room and exam room.
- Cost to build in 2019: $2,000,000
- Services offered: Veterinary Care, Daycare, Grooming + Retail
- Generating $1,456,000 of revenue over the last 12 months with the following breakdown:
- Veterinary Care: $950,000
- Daycare: $185,000
- Grooming: $321,000
- Located in the #7 ranked school district in Pennsylvania and #46 across the entire US.
Your Day to Day
You will be the primary leader at our pet center with direct oversight of the team and all services provided. The Partner Veterinarian is responsible for ensuring that all services meet the appropriate standards of care (as defined by state practice act and Company), providing quality veterinary care and leading day to day operations, including:
- Oversee the care of all pets in the center, encouraging collaboration and communication across center services and championing low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in pet care, including the practice of top-quality preventive care.
- Serve as a mentor and resource to all associate veterinarians and take the lead in the development of medical, technical, and communication skills of all center team members.
- Creation of a positive and collaborative work environment for all center team members.
- Practice veterinary medicine in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines along with any Company quality standards. Assure that all associate veterinarians do the same.
- Develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community and proactively communicate, utilizing technologies available and address and resolve client concerns arising from care provided in center.
- As a frontline leader, it is your role to be the voice of the organization, developing relationships in our communities and serve as resource for other pet centers within the community as needed.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, and review of pet center financial performance and provide a quarterly business review and plan to leadership.
- Partner with your Center Director, to manage various center functions including hiring, training, employee management and the proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and facility cleanliness.
Skills & Qualifications
What You Bring to the Team
The first-choice talent for our Partner Veterinarian position must be a licensed veterinarian (DVM/VMD or equivalent) in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board. She/he should have 4-5 years of clinical experience, a desire for ownership, and excellent client communication skills.
He/she will possess the following core competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent reputation with doctors in the community.
- Consumer-centric mindset with proven ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the practice of veterinary medicine and the pet/pet parent experience.
- Highly collaborative and able to deal with ambiguity as well as learning on the fly.
- Skilled in business acumen with the ability to drive financial results through quality veterinary medicine and proven ability to build a practice.
- Proven leadership experience within clinical practice.
- Fear Free and HABRI certification or desire to become certified.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply