Stylist/Groomer JobFells PointBaltimore, MD
Why You'll Love This Job
Role and Responsibilities
Our Pet Stylist will provide grooming services within the pet center and utilize low stress handling philosophies while working in collaboration with each of the centers services. As a member of the Heart + Paw team, the Stylist will be provided all operational necessities including a beautifully appointed grooming room, bathing tub, grooming table, dryers, cages, shampoos, conditioners, grooming products, access to shared laundry facilities, and a sophisticated pet/client information management system.
- Providing professional pet grooming services in an open, inviting environment that encourages owners to stay and wait for their pet.
- Growing your own client base in collaboration with Center Director and Partner Doctor.
- Communicating with clients in a friendly and efficient manner, develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community.
- Practicing low stress handling techniques.
- Demonstrating knowledge of and experience with contemporary cuts, coloring, and styling techniques.
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw brand.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all center employees.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Ensure animals receive adequate food, water, enrichment, and exercise.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other staff, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
- Perform and monitor daily cleaning and sanitation of facility and supplies.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Pet grooming certification
- 2 or more years of experience as a professional groomer
- Strength and stamina to lift and keep up with active pets of all sizes
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability and experience grooming cats (preferred)
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven knowledge of contemporary grooming practices and techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Client-focused mindset with proven ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
- Fear free and HABRI certification or desire to become certified
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.