Play Coordinator JobHeart + PawBaltimore, MD
Why You'll Love This Job
Roles and Responsibilities
The Play Coordinator will be energetic, love animals, especially dogs, have a warm, welcoming, and friendly personality, and be familiar with basic animal and dog behavior. Previous customer service and dog daycare experience a plus. The Play Coordinator will be responsible for the overall well-being of all dogs attending daycare at Heart + Paw. While ensuring a safe, clean, enriching, and low-stress environment, duties include:
- Handling of dogs while utilizing low stress handling philosophies
- Documenting updates
- Leading play groups
- Dog bathing
- Communicating with clients in a friendly and efficient manner, develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw brand.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for the entire center team.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services (grooming, veterinary care, day care, boarding, retail).
- Ensure animals receive adequate food, water, enrichment, and exercise.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other team members, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
- Perform and monitor daily cleaning and sanitation of facility and supplies.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Certified through one of the following or equivalent organizations: (Preferred)
- Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- The International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- The International Association of Canine Professionals (IACP)
- National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors (NADOI)
- Strength and stamina to keep up with active dogs of all sizes
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous experience working with dog playgroup, daycare, or day camp settings
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Warm and friendly demeanor and a client-centric mindset
- Passion for animals, particularly dogs
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
- Fear free and HABRI certification or desire to become trained
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.