Partner Veterinarian JobSouth Peak Veterinary HospitalSaugerties, NY
$100,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Why You'll Love This Job
South Peak Veterinary Hospital
$100,000 Sign-On Bonus + Equity Buy-In Potential!
Why You’ll Love This Partner Veterinarian Job
Are you passionate about providing exceptional care to pets and their pet parents? Do you want to work in a collaborative and positive environment where you are encouraged to grow and have the autonomy and support to practice high-quality, pet centric medicine? Join our family today as the leader of our South Peak Veterinary Hospital team!.
A successful candidate will be client-centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, and will be passionate about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community. Potential candidates will be expected to embrace low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in animal care, be adaptable, and be enthusiastic about companion animal practice.
When you join us, you will feel supported because your team is truly there for you. You will experience a work environment where leadership listens and encourages you both personally and professionally. You will come to work each day knowing you are making a difference in the lives of pets and their pet parents by providing exceptional care. With competitive compensation and benefits including a long-term incentive program, the potential for equity buy in, leading edge technology, and the freedom to create your own success, you will experience an exciting career as an Partner Veterinarian with us.
Join the South Peak Veterinary Hospital team and apply to be an important part of our family as a Partner Veterinarian!
Our ideal candidate will be client centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, be passionate about embracing low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in patient care, be enthusiastic about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community, be comfortable with the need for adaptability, and have at least 2 years of clinical experience in a companion animal practice.
Your Day to Day
The Partner Doctor is the primary leader at our pet center with direct oversight of employees and all services provided. The Partner Doctor is responsible for ensuring that all services meet the appropriate standards of care (as defined by state practice act and our company). She/he will be responsible for providing quality veterinary care and leading day to day operations in a way that is focused on a client/pet centered approach to veterinary care. She/he will also be an integral component in building the success of the hospital as well as the entire company brand.
- Practice veterinary medicine in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines along with any company quality standards. Assure that all associate veterinarians do the same.
- Serve as a role model and champion of the company brand.
- Serve as resource for other pet centers within the company's community as applicable.
- Oversee the care of all pets in the center, encouraging collaboration and communication across center services and championing low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in pet care.
- In partnership with the Center Director, hire and train pet center employees to deliver excellent pet care and an outstanding client experience.
- In partnership with the Center Director, oversee proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and facility cleanliness and adherence to brand standards.
- In partnership with the Center Director, create a positive and collaborative working environment for all center employees.
- Partner with our leadership and the Center Director to manage all employee issues (scheduling, communication, development, discipline).
- Provide effective communication between pet center and the company leadership.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, and review of pet center financial performance.
- Provide a quarterly business review and plan to the company's leadership.
- Partner with leadership to deliver outstanding financial results for pet center.
- Lead development of medical, technical, and communication skills of all center employees.
- Serve as a mentor and resource to all associate veterinarians.
- Take lead in marketing pet center in community in partnership with leadership.
- Promote and practice top quality preventive care.
- Lead the veterinary hospital team through daily patient caseload and direct center employees in a positive and efficient manner.
- Communicate with clients in a positive and efficient manner, utilizing our technologies available (Telemedicine, texting, emails, etc.)
- Address and resolve client concerns arising from care provided in center.
- Develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community.
- Promote all center services
Skills & Qualifications
Skills + Qualifications
What You Will Bring to Our Team
The first choice talent for our Partner Doctor position must be a licensed veterinarian (DVM/VMD or equivalent) in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board. She/he should have 4-5 years of clinical experience with 2-3 years of hospital level leadership (coaching or mentoring others, leading medical areas of focus) and excellent client communication skills.
He/she will possess the following core competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent reputation with doctors in the community.
- Consumer-centric mindset with proven ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the practice of veterinary medicine and the pet/pet parent experience.
- Highly collaborative and able to deal with ambiguity as well as learning on the fly.
- Skilled in business acumen with the ability to drive financial results through quality veterinary medicine and proven ability to build a practice.
- Proven leadership experience within clinical practice.
- Fear Free and HABRI certification or desire to become certified.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.