Kennel Assistant JobWarrenton, VA
Why You'll Love This Job
Animal Care Center + Pet House Suites, Warrenton, VA
Animal Care Center + Pet House Suites is looking for a Kennel Attendant to join the team in Warrenton, VA. Our Kennel Attendant is responsible for maintaining proper disease control protocols, including cleaning of facility, dog kennels and cages, laundry, and general maintenance of facility.
Your Day to Day
- Perform daily cleaning of kennels, cages and public areas, following proper disease control protocol to ensure a sterile environment
- Keep Center Director and/or veterinary care team informed of animal behavior, health or concerns
- Stock all kennel/cleaning supplies as needed
- Stock areas and spot-clean kennels and public areas throughout the day
- Clean, fold, and stock kennel laundry throughout the center
- Other duties as assigned
All team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Company brand.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all members of the center team.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services (grooming, veterinary care, day care, boarding, retail).
- Ensure animals receive adequate food, water, enrichment, and exercise.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other team members, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
- Perform and monitor daily cleaning and sanitation of facility and supplies.
Skills & Qualifications
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Strength and stamina to keep up with active dogs of all sizes
- Experience in a kennel preferred
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to effectively communicate using phones, headset, computers, and mobile devices
- The ability to follow directions with and without supervision and ask questions when a task is unclear
- The ability to lift objects or pets of at least 30lbs
- The ability to work with computers and other office equipment; the ability to spell, alphabetize, and perform basic mathematics; and the ability to provide exceptional customer service
- A passion for animals
Compensation + Benefits
We offer an attractive package including competitive pay, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, health benefits, pet care savings, and retirement savings.
Our Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.