Groomer JobKing of PrussiaKing Of Prussia, PA
Why You'll Love This Job
Pet Stylist/Groomer Full-time
King of Prussia
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Heart + Paw is looking for a passionate Pet Stylist (Groomer) to be an integral part of how we are reimagining petcare for pets and their parents at our center in the King of Prussia, Pa location.
Our Pet Stylists utilize low stress handling to provide grooming services within the pet center while working in collaboration with each of the centers services. As a member of the Heart + Paw family, you will be provided all operational necessities, a beautifully appointed work space, a sophisticated pet/client information management system, and a supportive team to let you focus on what you love - grooming.
Heart + Paw offers a competitive compensation structure, robust and attractive benefits, autonomy and support to build a client base, with flexible scheduling, and reasonable center hours.
Your Day to Day
- Provide professional pet grooming services in an open, inviting environment.
- Ability to grow your own client base in collaboration with Center Director and Partner Doctor.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly and efficient manner, develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community.
- Practice low stress handling techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with contemporary cuts, coloring, and styling techniques.
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw family.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all center employees.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services (grooming, veterinary care, day care, retail).
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other staff, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
Skills & Qualifications
What You Will Bring to Our Team
- Passion for the art of grooming and pets
- 2 or more years of experience as a professional groomer
- Strength and stamina to lift and keep up with active pets of all sizes
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven knowledge of contemporary grooming practices and techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Client-focused mindset with proven ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base
- Strong abilities in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
- Ability and experience grooming cats (preferred)
- Participation in Continuing Education/ independent certifications in Pet grooming (a plus)
- Fear free, HABRI or other positive/ Low Stress handling certification or desire to become certified preferred
Meet Heart + Paw
Heart + Paw brings together a tailored physical space and digital experience designed for the dynamics between pets, their parents, and the care team. Our centers serve the modern dimensions of pet parenthood and reflect our core values including thoughtful details like natural light, a greeting bar, and transparent visibility to our services to make pets and their parents feel welcome from the first step. Thoughtfully designed, digitally enabled and powered by the best and the brightest, Heart + Paw will be the destination for pets, their parents, and our teams.
This is petcare reimagined.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.