Facility Maintenance Specialist JobHeart + PawBerwyn, PA
Why You'll Love This Job
Facility Maintenance Specialist
Remote- Greater Philadelphia Area, Pennsylvania
Heart + Paw is looking to add an energetic and resourceful person to join the Facility and Construction team. As the Facility Maintenance Specialist, your primary job will be to support the veterinary care centers and provide ongoing facilities maintenance including plumbing, carpentry, light electrical, and HVAC systems. The candidate must be willing to travel within the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions to visit and work on job sites. The position includes benefits, a competitive salary, and paid time off. The position includes both hands-on and administrative duties.
Your Day to Day
- Complete assigned work orders and preventive maintenance requests within the designated timeframe to ensure Pet Care can be delivered at the highest level with an elevated customer experience in mind. These can include but are not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, and landscaping.
- Review and promptly respond to center repair requests.
- Provide for OSHA compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all building systems are in good working order and that all life safety systems are maintained in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Works with contractors and vendors as needed to accomplish repairs when necessary.
- Available for on-call work when needed.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance for centers outside the Greater Philadelphia region
Other Required Tasks
- Participates in training and development to enhance own professional skills and growth.
- Attends in-service training and participates in other educational activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Construction Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of commercial HVAC service experience.
- Willing to travel daily to centers within 3 hours drive from center city Philadelphia.
- Have the ability and knowledge to do basic carpentry, plumbing, and light electrical repairs at centers.
- Good communications skills. Able to articulate a repair timeline and basic repair information to center leaders.
- Organized and able to prioritize and handle multiple repair requests at a given time.
- Polite and personable.
- Have a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook & Excel.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Knowledge of veterinary or healthcare industry
- Pet lover
- Interior/exterior painting, caulking and spackling experience
- Landscaping experience
- Welding experience
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.