Dog Daycare Attendant JobCherry HillCherry Hill, NJ
Why You'll Love This Job
Play Coordinator/Dog Daycare Attendant
Are you ready to have fun at work everyday? Do you enjoy spending time with dogs and ensuring they are in a fun and enriching environment? We do too. In fact, our business philosophy is built around reimagining the experience pets and their parents have when it comes to veterinary care, grooming, daycare, and boarding.
Heart + Paw is looking for fun-loving, pet obsessed Play Coordinators for our dog daycare at our Cherry Hill Center. As a Play Coordinator, you will be an important part of how Heart + Paw is reimagining petcare for pets and pet parents. If you want to be part of a collaborative, pet obsessed team who is rewarded for their centers success in providing an excellent experience for our clients and their pets then we want to talk with you! Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Your Day to Day
Our ideal Play Coordinator will be energetic, love animals, especially dogs, have a warm, welcoming, and friendly personality, and be familiar with basic animal and dog behavior. Previous customer service and dog daycare experience a plus. As our Play Coordinator, you will be responsible for the overall well-being of all dogs attending daycare at Heart + Paw. While ensuring a safe, clean, enriching, and low-stress environment, duties include:
- Handling of dogs while utilizing low stress handling philosophies
- Documenting updates
- Leading play groups
- Dog bathing
- Communicating with clients in a friendly and efficient manner, develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw brand.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for the entire center team.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services (grooming, veterinary care, day care, boarding, retail).
- Ensure animals receive adequate food, water, enrichment, and exercise.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other team members, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
- Perform and monitor daily cleaning and sanitation of facility and supplies.
Skills & Qualifications
What You Will Bring to Our Team
- Certified through one of the following or equivalent organizations: (Preferred)
- Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- The International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- The International Association of Canine Professionals (IACP)
- National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors (NADOI)
- Strength and stamina to keep up with active dogs of all sizes
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous experience working with dog playgroup, daycare, or day camp settings
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Warm and friendly demeanor and a client-centric mindset
- Passion for animals, particularly dogs
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
- Fear free and HABRI certification or desire to become trained
Meet Heart + Paw
Heart + Paw is an integrated pet care company serving pets and their parents. Bringing together a tailored physical space and digital experience designed for the dynamics between pets, their parents, and the care team, our centers serve the modern dimensions of pet parenthood. Heart + Paw will offer veterinary care, grooming, day care, retail, and other complementary services at its centers. Thoughtfully designed, digitally enabled and powered by the best and the brightest, Heart + Paw is designed to be a destination for pets, pet parents, and our team.
We know that our spaces impact our lives. Our space will reflect our core values and include thoughtful details like natural light, a greeting bar, and transparent visibility to our services to make pets and their parents feel welcome from the first step. With pets at the center, our design elements and pet care techniques embody the leading edge of research in low stress handling including a fun, safe, and enriching play environment in our dog daycare area.
Our elevated experience extends beyond pets and pet parents to our entire team. Each center will be newly built with modern equipment and there will be spaces designed just for our teams including a well-equipped breakroom, ample office space, and private employee-only bathroom.
Heart + Paws entire team is committed to creating a new employee experience, one that allows our teams to do both. With our extensive veterinary and operational background, we have put a great deal of thought and resources into every aspect of the employee experience: physical space, compensation, benefits, technology, equipment, caseload, and staffing. We believe the employee experience is an essential part of petcare reimagined.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.