Director of Technology JobHeart + PawBerwyn, PA
Why You'll Love This Job
Director of Technology
Remote within 2 Hours of Philadelphia, PA
Do you enjoy building consumer technology? Do you enjoy helping your colleagues be more efficient by building internal software tools? Are you knowledgeable about infrastructure and help desk? Do you live within 2 hours of Philadelphia? If so, Heart + Paws Director of Technology position is the prefect role for you!
Role and Responsibilities
The Director of Technology will manage software development and an internal infrastructure team paired with external vendors and their project teams. Acting as a contributing member and the primary liaison of Heart + Paw business stakeholders, the Director monitors the scope of projects and resolving issues as they arise. The Director will serve as the single point in overseeing the maturation of the Heart + Paw systems architecture and managing software development initiatives from concept to reality.
Software Development approximately 70% of the Directors time is spent in this area:
- Partner with product teams to outline roadmaps and share updates on the progress of development initiatives.
- Participate in software architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with vendors to maintain consistency across the organization.
- Institute best practices, approve requirements, review designs, enforce code reviews, and review test plans.
- Organize software update processes for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Monitor and track project progress and report findings to the leadership team.
- Conduct work performance reviews and ensure work performance is adhering to company standards.
Infrastructure Management approximately 15% of the Directors time is spent in this area:
- Manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate, and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks, and information systems.
- Oversee any managed IT services, including technology deployment plans for each Heart + Paw center (ie: network, phones, system security, lab equipment, building security, disaster recovery plans, and 24/7 support and monitoring).
- Oversee all help desk activities, IT team members, and vendors; Respond to escalated help desk issues and assist IT team members when needed.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships, manage the purchase of hardware and software products and ensure that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Monitor and guarantee the security of all technologies, backup, and security systems.
- Manage the technology integration of Heart + Paw acquisitions. Develop necessary plans to adopt new technologies and processes. For acquisitions, incorporate plans to sunset obsolete technologies.
Technical Leadership approximately 15% of the Directors time is spent in this area:
- Research new platforms, frameworks, and other technologies to assess their value and potential to improve Heart + Paw offerings.
- Establish and maintain all IT policy and procedures (e.g. security, social network, etc.) for all Heart + Paw facilities and ensure that the current IT policies and procedures are enforced.
- Serve as the central point of escalation for all technology issues at all Heart + Paw locations.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or similar major.
- 8+ years of direct IT management leadership experience including business information systems/technology, IT strategy, and network infrastructure/architecture.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management, leadership, and communication skills with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to apply information technology in solving business problems.
- Experience in SaaS implementations, and specifically, implementations and ongoing coordination of patient information management systems, financial systems, and consumer-facing platforms.
- Highly collaborative, able to deal with ambiguity, and adaptable to changing needs.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal direction, but also able to follow the processes and policies of large, regulated corporations.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.