Care Coordinator JobHeart + PawBaltimore, MD
Why You'll Love This Job
Role and Responsibilities
The Care Coordinator is a pivotal role in the daily operations of a Heart + Paw center location. While often being the first part of the clients experience, the Care Coordinator will need to be enthusiastic and focused on ensuring clients and their pets feel welcomed and comfortable. Our Care Coordinator is our first impression to pets and pet parents and because of this should have a professional, welcoming, and warm demeanor, be empathetic to the needs of clients and pets, and have an outgoing, others-focused personality. They must also have strong verbal communication skills, be able to professionally and patiently handle calls, client concerns, and multiple tasks.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage client schedules.
- Communicate patient needs and information.
- Document pet and client encounters.
- Provide detailed information on veterinary care, grooming, daycare, and boarding services.
- Provide detailed information on retail offerings.
- Welcome the pet and client and Initiate the check-in process.
- Process financial transactions.
- Manage the amenity bar.
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw brand.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all members of the center team.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services (grooming, veterinary care, day care, boarding, retail).
- Ensure animals receive adequate food, water, enrichment, and exercise.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other team members, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
- Perform and monitor daily cleaning and sanitation of facility and supplies.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strength and stamina to keep up with active dogs of all sizes
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to effectively communicate using phones, headset, computers, and mobile devices
- Understanding of veterinary medical records
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to professionally and patiently handle callers requests, scheduling appointments, and concerns
- Warm and friendly demeanor and a client-centric mindset
- Passion for animals
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
- Fear free and HABRI certification or desire to become certified
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.