Care Coordinator/Client Service Rep JobHeart + PawArlington, VA
Why You'll Love This Job
Care Coordinator (Client Service)
Ballston Quarter, Arlington, VA
Do you enjoy talking with people, making others happy, and staying busy? Do you love being around pets and value the important role they play in making our lives better? We do too. In fact, our business philosophy is built around reimagining the experience pets and their parents have when it comes to veterinary care, grooming, daycare, and boarding.
We are currently seeking a Care Coordinator for our Ballston Quarter location in Arlington, VA. Our Care Coordinator is a pivotal role in the daily operations of their Heart + Paw center. While often being the first part of the client’s experience, the Care Coordinator will need to be enthusiastic and focused on ensuring clients and their pets feel welcomed and comfortable. Our Care Coordinator is our first impression to pets and pet parents and because of this needs to be have a professional, welcoming, and warm demeanor, be empathetic to client’s and pet’s needs, and have an outgoing, others-focused personality. They must also have strong verbal communication skills, be able to professionally and patiently handle calls, client concerns, and multiple tasks.
Your Day to Day
- Manage client schedules.
- Communicate patient needs and information.
- Document pet and client encounters.
- Provide detailed information on veterinary care, grooming, daycare, and boarding services.
- Provide detailed information on retail offerings.
- Welcome the pet and client and Initiate the check-in process.
- Process financial transactions.
- Manage the amenity bar.
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to:
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw brand.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all members of the center team.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services (grooming, veterinary care, day care, boarding, retail).
- Ensure animals receive adequate food, water, enrichment, and exercise.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other team members, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
- Perform and monitor daily cleaning and sanitation of facility and supplies.
Skills & Qualifications
What You Will Bring to Our Team
- Strength and stamina to keep up with active dogs of all sizes
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to effectively communicate using phones, headset, computers, and mobile devices
- Understanding of veterinary medical records
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to professionally and patiently handle callers’ requests, scheduling appointments, and concerns
- Warm and friendly demeanor and a client-centric mindset
- Passion for animals
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
- Fear free and HABRI certification or desire to become trained
Meet Heart + Paw
Heart + Paw is an integrated pet care company serving pets and their parents. Bringing together a tailored physical space and digital experience designed for the dynamics between pets, their parents, and the care team, our centers serve the modern dimensions of pet parenthood. Heart + Paw will offer veterinary care, grooming, day care, boarding, retail, and other complementary services at its centers. Thoughtfully designed, digitally enabled and powered by the best and the brightest, Heart + Paw is designed to be a destination – for pets, pet parents, and our team.
We know that our spaces impact our lives. Our space will reflect our core values and include thoughtful details like natural light, a greeting bar, and transparent visibility to our services to make pets and their parents feel welcome from the first step. With pets at the center, our design elements and pet care techniques embody the leading edge of research in low stress handling including a fun, safe, and enriching play environment in our dog daycare area.
Our elevated experience extends beyond pets and pet parents to our entire team. Each center will be newly built with modern equipment and there will be spaces designed just for our teams including a well-equipped breakroom, ample office space, and private employee-only bathroom.
Heart + Paw’s entire team is committed to creating a new employee experience, one that allows our teams to do both. With our extensive veterinary and operational background, we have put a great deal of thought and resources into every aspect of the employee experience: physical space, compensation, benefits, technology, equipment, caseload, and staffing. We believe the employee experience is an essential part of petcare reimagined.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.